Celebrate books and meet your favorite children’s book authors this Sunday in San Francisco. Chronicle Books is holding a fabulous 25th anniversary party in conjunction with San Francisco Sunday Streets and the San Francisco Public Library, by taking over the area outside of the Main Public Library near City Hall. There will be activity tables for kids and readings from four authors (actually three authors, one illustrator). The Kids Books by the Bay line up looks like:
· 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Free activity table for kids of all ages
· 11:15 a.m. – Bob Barner – Author of Dem Bones and Dinosaur Bones. Great for ages 2-6.
· noon – Wednesday Kirwan Illustrator for Yeti, Turn Out the Light! Great for ages 3-5.
· 12:30 p.m. – Annie Barrows – Author of the series Ivy & Bean. Great for ages 7-10.
· 1 p.m. – Katie Williams Author of Absent and The Space Between Trees. Great for ages 14+
We’re huge fans of Chronicle Books, not only the classic Olive the Other Reindeer, which we trot out each December, but their books for adults, too. All Chronicle Books share such beauty and loveliness that it’s difficult to pick favorites. Congratulations on 25 fantastic years!
The event is free and runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. In addition to street parking, there are nearby garages for easy parking.