On Saturday, April 28th, the Disney Store will celebrate the grand opening of the newly designed store at Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara. Guests will have an opportunity to meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse from 12 pm to 4pm.
Disney Store’s new design concept aims to deliver “the best 30 minutes of a child’s day” through immersive and interactive experiences. Little girls will be mesmerized with the Disney Princess magic mirror – just wave a Princess Wand in front of the magic mirror and watch your Princess come to life. Translucent trees through out the store tell their own story – from celebrating the seasons to housing Tinkerbelle and her friends. The trees even sparkle with fireworks during special celebrations in the store.
The new Theatre allows kids to personally select favorite movie clips, new movie trailers, and sing a long songs. If your child is celebrating their birthday, ask a Cast Member to add a Birthday Celebration (personalized with the child’s name) to the theater. Hey, even if you aren’t celebrating the actual birthday, you can ask for a Un-Birthday Celebration too!
When you are in the store, be sure to look up at the unique skyline around the store that features classic Disney characters and Santa Clara landmarks:
- Characters bustle about the historic Santa Clara Depot. Belle and Beast check to see when the next train headed to San Francisco will arrive, while Mickey, Minnie and Pluto are excited to learn about the area’s train history at the Depot’s railroad library and museum.
- Princess Aurora passes the historic Santa Clara Interlocking Tower as she heads south back to Main Street on the Disneyland Railroad’s Lilly Belle “Presidential” train car.
- Donald Duck wants to get a closer look, as it is one of only two unmodified towers of its kind in California.
- The historic Mission Santa Clara de Asis is located on the campus of Santa Clara University. Snow White is seen near the University Building, while Jasmine (Aladdin) skips through the beautiful wisteria arbors in the Santa Clara Mission Gardens.
- Several beloved spotted pups and their parents (101 Dalmatians) are visiting the Harris-Lass Historic Museum home at the last preserved farm site in the City of Santa Clara.
- Mary Poppins and Bert ride their carousel horses right through the Santa Clara Central Park, passing the park’s pavilion along the way.
- Cinderella, her Prince Charming and her Fairy Godmother can also be seen near the duck pond in the park.
The grand opening is Saturday, April 28th, starting at 10:00am and is sure to be a fun event for the whole family! The first 500 people in line will receive a free gift. Disney Store will donate 10 percent of grand opening day’s sales to the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the United States.